- 24 Oreo halves, with cream fillings still attached
- 2 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 & 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 8oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Oreo cookie crumbs
- 24 Oreo cookie halves
**For detailed directions, check the link I posted....I've just provided a summary in pictures so you can see the basic process!**
Crushing up the oreos was definitely the most time consuming part!
After the oreos were all chopped up, I folded them into the cupcake batter.
Then I filled the muffin tins and popped 'em in the oven to bake!
I forgot to take pictures of the cupcakes after they were done baking, before decorating them...I'm so forgetful sometimes! Anyways, I used a pastry bag and icing tips to pipe the frosting on, just to make them look prettier!
Oreo halves on the bottom, oreo chunks mixed in, and oreo crumbs sprinkled on top of the creamcheese frosting. YUM!!
You could also definitely just use a store-bought cake mix to make these, to make the process a little shorter. I'd definitely recommend making the frosting though, it was SO good!
Would you make these Oreo cupcakes? Have you made anything similar to these before?